Our website is operated by Privitar and hosted by our hosting provider. Privitar processes personal data for these purposes on the basis of legitimate interest. The policy is subject to change and any changes to it in the future will be notified on this page.
Information that we collect from you and your use of this website
Information you give us
- Information that we collect from you and your use of this website
- How we handle the data that is submitted by you
- How to contact us
When you visit our website and complete an application form, you may be asked to provide certain information yourself, including your name, contact details, date of birth and job history in order for us to consider an application for a vacancy or meet our monitoring and reporting responsibilities.
We automatically receive and save certain types of information whenever you interact with our website. We use the information to monitor website traffic and to assist with the navigation and user experience of the website.
Information that we will automatically receive includes:
- Requested URL (Uniform Resource Locator)
- IP (Internet Protocol) address (this may or may not identify a specific computer)
- Domain name from which you access the internet
- Referring URL
- Software (browser/operating system) used to access the page
- Date and time pages were visited
Please see information on the cookies we use in our cookies policy
How we handle the data that is submitted by you
Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment process and used for anonymised reporting purposes. Data entered as part of an application is stored in the system and may be used by Privitar to track any future applications you may make.
Please be aware that Privitar uses a third party supplier to hold the information you submit. The third party business complies with our security policy and therefore will not share your data with anyone other than the Privitar.
We will use your personal data to run reference checks on you and to carry out checks on your qualifications and criminal record.
Data Protection Legislation
Privitar Limited is the data controller in respect of personal data provided by you to us. As data controller Privitar has notified its activities to the Office of the Information Commissioner as required under applicable laws and is listed in the Public Register of Data Controllers. Personal information will only be collected and/or processed by Privitar in accordance with applicable laws.
Disclosure of your information
The information you provide to us will be held on third party supplier computers in the UK who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy. They may provide support services to Privitar or on Privitar’s behalf.
Privitar treats information from applicants in confidence.
Data Protection Statement:
The personal data you provide in your application and as part of the recruitment process will only be held and processed for the purpose of the selection processes of Privitar and in connection with any subsequent employment or placement, unless otherwise indicated. Your data will be retained as per Privitar’s data protection policy.
By submitting your personal data and application, you:
- declare that you have read, understood and accepted the statements set out in this data protection statement;
- are declaring that the information given in the application is complete and true to the best of your knowledge and understand that deliberate omissions and incorrect statements could lead to your application being rejected or to your dismissal;
- are authorising Privitar Limited to verify or have verified on their behalf all statements contained in your application and to make any necessary reference checks.
- Where a candidate is successful and is offered, and accepts, a job with Privitar, his/her personal information provided during recruitment will be retained.
- Where a candidate is not successful, his/her personal data will be held for a period of 2 years and (other than in the circumstances set out in paragraph 4 below) then deleted.
- After 2 years, all personal data held on the unsuccessful candidate will be deleted save:
- for the name and email address of the candidate which is retained for 6 years for record purposes in order to identify whether he has previously applied to Privitar;
- where the candidate has re-applied for other roles, for 2 years after their last application;
- if the candidate has made any complaint about the recruitment process for 2 years after the date of the complaint.